Educational Group Visits - Spring
Third Grade Life Science – Plant Growth & Development
We offer a spring educational field trip that falls in line with the Grade 3 curriculum, Plant Growth & Development.
The $8.00 fee per student includes:
- A demonstration by Mr. Elzinga of the seeding machine and the seed chamber
- A tour of the greenhouses learning about flowers, vegetable plants and herbs
- Discussions on parts of plants, needs of plants and pollinators
- Weather permitting, a demonstration of the soil filling machine
- The opportunity to “work” planting a flat of flowers
- Planting a flower to take home
- Group photo
Call our farm to schedule your field trip at 219-865-1181 or email us at email@example.com.
Additional notes: Teachers and chaperones are not charged a fee. Field trips typically last about an hour. Appropriate attire and shoes are suggested for outdoors and planting. Field trips will only be cancelled due to weather conditions.